Monday, October 24, 2016

Lots of gold and some glitter - October Release Inspiration

Hello everyone! It's Juhi with my second post for October. My first card is a birthday card for my daughter who is turning 5 in December.
Watercolor card with Pee-a-boo stamps and Dies by Juhi
To created the watercolor background, I cut out the number dies on masking paper and stuck them randomly on watercolor paper, leaving some space in the middle for the number '5'.
I then painted the background in pink and orange Gansai Tambi watercolors.
I peeled off the digits once the watercolor dried, some paint did seep under the digits giving the background a beautiful watercolor wash effect! I finally cut out the '5' in gold and stuck it along with some gold thread and sequins and also heat embossed the sentiment in gold.
I hope my daughter likes the card :)

I followed exactly the same process to make the watercolor background of this Thank you card.
watercolor thank you card with Peek-a-boo designs stamps and dies
Don't you just love the gold against the turquoise? I just love how this one turned out!

I used my favorite "Border Frenzy" die from the month's release. I just can't get enough of this die.....love how it lets you add interest without extra bulk, perfect for CAS cards.
I created the background by stamping the broad stripes from the "It's Plaid Time" set in white followed by red inks. I then added the fancy stitches with the "Border Frenzy" die.
For the glitter heart I used the "Shaker Love" Die.
Well that's it from me for now, I hope you find inspiration in my projects! Thank you so much for stopping by today.

Supplies Used:







Chess Pieces


6 comments:

  1. Wow, Juhi. All your cards are so amazing as always! I am in love with the third one. It looks so stylish! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome cards Juhi !! I always look forward to your posts and see what you have created !! loved the watercolor paired with gold ,fab look .Yes the texture on last one looks amazing !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Juhi the last one is the best for me, and also they all are very cute cards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super awesome cards Juhi ...loved the watercoloring and masking on first two and third one is simpky beautiful ..😍😍

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous cards Juhi, the second one is my favorite! I love the combination of gold with turquoise!

    ReplyDelete