Friday, September 30, 2016

Time to wish Happy Diwali

Hey all,

Ria on this side. This is the second post of this month and I am loving all the designs coming on to this blog! I started the month's post with traditional looking ethnic Cards, moved to Indian wedding cards and now diwali cards. I must admit all these styles I am trying for the very first time far from my CAS style. I hope you like these too :)

Coming to Diwali cards now. Diwali or Dipawali is the festival of lights, as maximum of us know, right? But to me it is the festival of bright colors (unlike Holi) as during this festival, people buy a lot of new clothes and wear those on the festive day.

Without wasting much time, lets move on to the projects...

PROJECT 1


I am in love with the Indian Motifs and I am sure this phase of the year is the best time to use this stamp set for all the festivals!
  • I stamped the design from the Indian Motifs with Gold on a red cardstock and cut it into this pattern excluding the central portion.
  • I used Solid Shapes (circle biggest) to make the semi circle with distress ink and the diamond shape from the same set with varied inks blended together.
  • I masked the area and blended some Lime kiss yellow ink
  • Finally the sentiment with gold embossing.
PROJECT 2



My second card is inspired by a Rangoli that people make on Diwali.
  • I took two shades of metallic paper.
  • I stamped the images from the Indian motif in two shades of gold



PROJECT 3


  • I blended some ink with the Grid Stencil and applied mist on it.
  • I stamped the design from the indian motif to create a 'diya'
  • For the flame, I layered three layers of glitter sheets.
  • A scallop cut to frame the diya and the sentiment with some enamel dots.

PROJECT 4



  • For this, I took different scraps of paper and stamped designs randomely with distress inks and sparkle embossing powder finished it.
  • I made the flames with the same technique as I applied in the previous project.
  • I arranged these scraps to make candles.
  • I drew some flourish with hand and embossed it with silver and the sentiment to finish it.


Supplies Used:








I hope you like the post.
Thanks for stopping by:)

Hugs
Ria

2 comments: