Friday, August 12, 2016

Peek-a-tute Friday with Swapna - Stretch your stamps

Hi... Crafty friends...

Swapna here from The dream pages.

Today's my post is bit different. We all buy expensive craft items but over the time we stop using it just because we keep using the way they are intended to use, we see a flower stamp as flower stamp. Just look at it in different way so we can get more out of our stamps. So today I am trying my best to stretch my stash and you, yes YOU all going to judge how far i succeeded in my take on Stretching the stamp. By the way our Challenge for this month is colour challenge, I will be happy to see your take on the challenge with stretching your Peek-a-boo design stamps. The cards do follow our colour theme of August challenge.


For my cards I am using Splitter Splater set. My focal image for the cards will be from same set.

Card #1

* I used the solid canopy stamp from the set and inked with color box inks (tried to overlap two inks to get ombre effect).
* I used colours according to our on going challenge.
* I fussy cut each canopy once the ink is dry (these are similar to pigment inks so take time to dry )
* For one I trimmed the image more for other two kept as they were.
* Arranged them as butterfly around flourish.
* Stamped the sentiment.



Closer look



** Sentiment from Humming blossom set.

Card #2

After the first card i thought how much more I can use this set so came the second card.
* I prepared my white panel for heat embossing.
* Stamped sun image with versamark ink.
* Sprinkled ranger liquid platinum embossing powder and heat set it.
* Once it cooled down I used distress inks and blended them diagonally on the panel.
* Trimmed it a bit, glued a black trip of CS
* Heat embossed sentiment on vellum strip.
* Added two clouds n sun to hide the glue.



Closer look



** Sentiment is from same set, selective stamping



Card #3


* I took the small boat image and stamped it in a pattern repeatedly with versamark ink,sprinkled ranger gold embossing powder ( I wanted the pattern to show) and heat embossed it.
* Repeated same with large boat stamp.
* Going with the colour challenge applied distress inks. n fussy cut them.
* Then embossed front of vellum card base through bigshot with We r memory keepers next level embossing folder.
* I mounted the gems i made with boat images one on top of the other with foam square.
* I then cut 4 strips from grey CS, heat embossed sentiment in gold. Glued it on the front.
* To hide the glue i glued another strip on the back, n repeated same on the other flap of the card.


Closer look



** Sentiment is from same set, selective stamping


 Supplies

Splitter splatter

Banner Alpha

Humming blossom

Distress inks

Wow opaque embossing powder

Ranger gold embossing powder



Hope you have checked our new challenge for the month of August. Its colour inspiration. If not do check out the fun colours and do participate. We love to see your creations with Peek-a-boo designs products. Please read Guidelines before linking your project.



Thank you for your time.. Looking forward to your precious suggestions..

Swapna Patil
The Dream Pages

12 comments:

  1. I love the magic of gold on black one and your sunshine creation is so cheerful! Love your different take on the boat stamp, so unique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bright colours of all the cards !! And you have beautifully stetched the stamp set .. All the cards are fab ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely projects!!! i like color's and compozition!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bright and bold cards ...loved the way u streached the stamps :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome, gorgeous cards Swapna. Love, love, love the way you created the butterflies in the first card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful way to stretch the stamps Swapna!! The butterflies on first one are Stunning and loved the sunny card.fab use of boat stamp to create one of a kind embellishment :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful ways to get more out of your existing stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you everyone for your time and kind words...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous set of cards and fantastic use of stamps dear Swapna! :) The first one is my favorite! <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. amazing sets of cards..love the way you have you have used your stamps..love n hugs daksha

    ReplyDelete