Friday, June 24, 2016

Teacher's day project tutorial

Hello and good afternoon dear friends! ^__^

I'm Halak and a tad under the weather today, but I hope you are having a beautiful friday!

Today we'll be going through a tutorial that's fun + easy to make using the beautiful stamp set titled - Back To School

Note : This project is made as per the ongoing Peek-a-boo Designs (PABD) Challenge #7 guidelines so if you haven't participated yet, grab the old supplies from your stash along with something new you recently purchased, create a project and link up!
To participate, click >> HERE

PABD product list :

Let's begin the picture tutorial :

First I created a sentiment using the Back To School and Awesomeness stamp set.

Also stamped the ruler image.

Then, stamped the crayon stamp a few times.

Colored the crayons in different colors using paint and Sakura gelly roll pens.

I wanted the teacher's day sentiment with a couple of other elements from the set so once the crayons dried I finished off the remaining stamping.

Tip : Here I didn't bother masking the crayons (red and green) because I had decided that for this project, the ruler was going to be paper-pieced. If I would have selected coloring the ruler then I would have masked the crayons.

Using distress inks with a round blending tool, I applied ink lightly using the Arrows stencil.

Tip : To get a smooth look while stenciling without those irritating harsh lines, use a round blending tool. 

Next I took a piece of patterned paper and stamped the ruler on it because I wanted to paper-piece that element.

Did you know : PABD has gorgeous Acrylic Blocks with laser etched grid lines for ease of stamping.

Paper-pieced the ruler, matted project onto red card base and added a few star shaped stickers.

Lastly, to finish it off added a few bits of washi and paper tape.

Tip : If you don't want to add bulk to your project and want to maintain the clean and simple (CAS) look, then washi tapes are a great embellishment option!

And that's how I did it! I know it's a bit early for Teacher's Day but if you plan to make cards in bulk, now is a good time to start and this stamp set is absolutely perfect for it! ^__^

Thank you for stopping by! *Hugs*


Posted via Blogaway

4 comments: